Skip to main content area


Cookie settings
Left Navigation
Main Content Area

Priory House, Leominster

Historic Environment Record reference no. 721, Ordnance Survey grid reference SO 4989 5934

Situated close to the Priory Church, just off the centre of the town of Leominster in the north-west of the county. The east-west range of Leominster workhouse may have been an infirmary or more probably a reredorter. At some time it was fitted out by L. Coningsby (1692-1729) as a gaol, then a mansion house and later as the workhouse. It is now used by Herefordshire Council as office accommodation.

[Original author: Miranda Greene, 2003]